Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Come on Already!!!

I have realized that waiting is not my forte! I know it has only been 2 months and 4 days that we've been waiting but it feels like a year to me. Some people will laugh at me being frustrated because it has only been 2 months but I am tired of these tiny, little things that are holding up our homestudy from being complete. Sure our SW is done visiting us and interviewing us BUT there are a lot of documents that she needs to get from us and from other places in order for her to be able to write up our homestudy. I have a long list of things she needs and each time she gets something from that list I do a happy dance and gladly cross it off! The list is getting much shorter but it is still too long for me. I want everything turned in NOW! Right now we are still waiting on this years tax papers to come in from our accountant which is okay since we just got them done Saturday. In our many moves Jeff's college degree/diploma was lost so he ordered a new one from Kentucky Christian University. He ordered it a month ago and they still have not mailed it to him. He called them yesterday and they said it would be mailed out today. My crazy fingerprints for the state of WV had to be redone today. They were rejected when I had them done February 6. I JUST got the letter last week telling me I had to have them redone. Today was the earliest that they could schedule me in. It takes 15 days for them to be processed after that. Adding an extra 15 days to this homestudy process is a nightmare right now. We wanted our homestudy complete and turned in to our adoption agency by the beginning of April at the latest. That is not going to happen, I know.
I look at little Meiya's picture's all the time and I can't help but worry about her. I worry that someone else who is more paper ready will swoop in and adopt her right out from under us! People tell me that won't happen but I can't help but have this ongoing fear. I know my faith sounds very weak right now and I am working on it. Believe me, I am. I pray all the time.
I know we have a long road ahead of us and a lot more waiting to do but I will be so glad when this homestudy is complete. After it is complete and sent to our agency for approval then we can send our dossier to C and work on the i800. I know that both of those items require a long wait. My thinking on those is that at least we have ALL of our stuff done on our end. Until then we will continue to wait on everybody else so we can get this homestudy complete!

No comments: