Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

GIFT!

We've been wanting to send Meiya a gift for sometime now and last night we finally did!

I heard rave reviews of a courier service in Ch*na called Red Thread Ch*na so last night I went onto their website and found Meiya the perfect gift.

This is a soft Butterfly album that holds 11 pictures.
We had to email 10 pictures of us, with descriptions of who is who, and 1 of her to Ann at Red Thread Ch*na. Ann will translate our descriptions into Ch*nese so that the nannies can read them to Meiya. Included in our purchase was a letter that we wrote to Meiya which will also be translated into Ch*nese. We also ordered a disposable Kodak camera for the nannies to take pictures of her. We are so excited for her to get this album and hopefully we will get an update on her soon!


Our next purchase for her is a doll. Every little girl needs a doll. I love this one!

Yes, I know it is Kai Lan but she is cute!
As far as the adoption process is concerned there is not a whole lot of new news. I need to update my drivers license because I still have our old address on it. I misplaced my social security card so we went to the Social Security office today here in town and requested a new one. It should be here next week. Then I can finally get my drivers license updated! We are also waiting on Jeff's certified birth certificate to come in from Pennsylvania. I ordered it a month ago! West Virginia had mine to me in 4 days, tops. As soon as we get those things updated and in our hands our home-study will be written up and we can apply for our passports! So we wait, and wait and wait...... We are very anxious to get our dossier completed and sent to C! It has only been a month and 2 weeks since we started our adoption journey but it feels like a year has past already.

No comments: